CHOCTAW COUNTY, Okla. (KFOR) – Officials in Choctaw County are investigating a deadly shooting at a bar.
Around midnight on Saturday, deputies with the Choctaw County Sheriff’s Office were called to an altercation at Buttercups, just west of Fort Towson.
Investigators say a man had an altercation inside the bar and was asked to leave.
When he went outside, he got a gun and fired several rounds into the bar, shooting and killing a Wright City man. Officials say the victim had only come to the bar to check on his wife who worked there.
After a chase with troopers with the Oklahoma Highway Patrol, the suspect was taken into custody.
- Report: Oklahoma to receive 3rd highest number Afghan refugees in the nation
- ‘Full of bad spirits’: Man accused of throwing girl off balcony believed she was a demon, police say
- Drone drops cellphones, drugs at Virginia private school
- Watch Big Game Bound week 2: Edgerrin James discusses Hall of Fame journey
- Newsfeed Now: Authorities continue to search for Gabby Petito; Fire department gives wife visiting husband battling COVID a lift