NORMAN, Okla. (KFOR) – Authorities are investigating after two people were injured in a shooting in Norman.
Around 2 a.m. on Thursday, a homeowner called 911 after hearing noises outside of his home near W. Boyd and Flood Ave.
When the homeowner looked out his window, he saw a suspect inside his car.
At that point, investigators say the man grabbed a gun and went to confront the suspect.
Authorities say the suspected car burglar ran from the scene but fired his own weapon back at the homeowner.
The homeowner was struck in the arm.
Officials say that’s when the homeowner returned fire, hitting the suspect in the arm.
That suspect was arrested a short distance away by officers.
Both the suspect and the homeowner are expected to survive their injuries.
Authorities arrested a 17-year-old male on complaints of second-degree burglary and assault with a deadly weapon.
- Dallas police officer charged with 2 counts capital murder
- All12 Courtside: Baylor wins Big 12 Conference title; teams look ahead to March
- Powerful quake hits off New Zealand, prompting evacuations
- Texas family devastated after beloved dog shot in head, left in ditch
- Study: Employment rose among those in free money experiment