CHOCTAW, Okla. (KFOR) – An investigation is underway after a person with a gunshot wound was found dead in a car that had crashed into a ditch, police say.
Officers responded to the area near N.E. 36th and Henney Road in Choctaw around 2 a.m. for shots fired calls.
When police arrived, they found one person dead in a car that had crashed into a ditch.
Police say they don’t know if the person died from the gunshot wound or wreck, but say it looks like the person was speeding.
N.E. 36th is closed between Youngs and Harper due to shell cases being found for over a mile.
The investigation remains ongoing.
- Body of 19-year-old driver recovered from Lake Hefner about 100 yards from car
- Protest held after 15-year-old armed robbery suspect shot and killed by Oklahoma City police
- Dance teachers Pay it Forward by teaching dancing to people battling Parkinson’s disease
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, essential workers among list of Time Person of the Year reader poll nominees
- Passenger dies in 2-vehicle crash allegedly caused by DUI