OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – The Oklahoma State Fair is just around the corner, and you won’t want to miss what vendors have in store.
On Thursday, officials with the Oklahoma State Fair announced the new delicacies that visitors will be able to try at the food vendors this year.
- Pickle Pizza– Guests can enjoy a slice of freshly made pizza with a special dill sauce, cheese, dill weed, and then covered in dill pickles. Available at Pizza On A Stick
- Apple Pie Churro Bites – Apple pie churro bites are fluffy, bite-sized donuts, filled with apple pie and caramel sauce. Available at Project Krave.
- Giant Banana Split Pie– Fairgoers can enjoy a graham cracker crust filled with a scoop of banana, chocolate brownie, and strawberry pie and finished with delicious toppings. It’s available at Cutie Pies Concessions.
- Minneblueberry Pie – It is deep fried, handmade blueberry pie with a crisp, flaky crust, filled with blueberries. It is brought to you by Original Minneapple Pie.
- Alligator Corn Dog – Alligator meat is mixed with seasonings and formed into a sausage, dipped in batter, fried to perfection, and topped with special sauce. Available at Pioneer Wagon.
- Flavored Sodas – Fairgoers can try out coconut flavored cream soda topped with gummy sharks, peach flavored cream soda topped with peach rings, pineapple and coconut flavored cream soda topped with fresh pineapple, and mango flavored cream soda with chamoy and Tajin with a tamarind candy straw. Available at Pour & Co.
- The Wookie – Traditional Indian style fry bread topped with smoked pulled pork, mustard slaw, shredded cheese, jalapenos, and pickles. It is finished with fried onion straws and a drizzle of BBQ sauce. It is available at Capital City Cafe.
- Hot Cheetos Loaded Fries – Fans of hot chips and french fries won’t want to miss this creation at Boki the Sirloin Hut.
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Waffle Stick – Award-winning savory chicken in a waffle is topped with ranch dressing and real bacon at Waffle Chix.
- Coconut Shrimp – Coconut crusted shrimp served in a half shell coconut and paired with mango salsa and sweet sauce. It is available at the Bacon Habit.
- Deep Fried Cookie Dough – You won’t want to miss the deep fried cookie dough Twinkie on-a-stick, deep fried cookie dough Oreos on-a-stick, and the deep fried cookie dough devil dog on-a-stick at Cookie Dough Monsters.
- Freeze Dried Treats – You can enjoy your favorite treats with a twist like freeze dried saltwater taffy, Skittles, fruit, chocolate covered strawberries, and chocolate covered blueberries. Available at Gram’s Sweet Treats.
- Aguas Frescas – A refreshing fruit beverage will be available at Gringos.
- Frozen Brown Sugar Sweet Tea – Visit A Latte Love and enjoy a frozen, sweetened edition of sweet tea.
- Snake Bite Nachos – Nachos are comprised of crispy chips, topped with savory nacho cheese and pieces of their award-winning rattlesnake sausage. It is then topped with Venom Sauce. Available at Pioneer Wagon.
- Catfish & Shrimp – Catfish Bayou will have a delicious combination of catfish and shrimp in a half pineapple.
If you missed out on last year’s fair, you might want to try:
- Gilty Mac and Cheese- A homestyle, creamy macaroni and cheese topped with juicy pulled pork and drizzled in barbecue sauce. It is located at the Gilty Pleasure booth.
- Elk Sausage Corn Dog – Pioneer Wagon has a rustic take on a fair classic.
- Deep Fried Cookie Dough Sundae – The dessert is made of homemade cookie dough and ice cream.
- Rattlesnake Sausage Corn Dog – The Pioneer Wagon is frying up corndogs filled with actual rattlesnake sausage.
- Deep Fried Spaghetti with Meatballs – A classic Italian dish with a fair-style twist is available at Falcone’s Pizzeria Food Truck.
- Ghost Pepper Tater Tots – These extreme hot tots are available at Project Krave.
The Oklahoma State Fair will be held from Sept. 15 through Sept. 25 at State Fair Park.
For more information, visit the fair’s website.