OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – A woman who spent years feeding those in need has passed away from COVID-19.
Family members say 91-year-old Betty McCord passed away on July 28 following a long battle with Alzheimer’s and COVID-19.
McCord spent 30 years making sure thousands of Oklahomans were fed and that every child received a Christmas present during the annual Red Andrews Christmas Dinner.
McCord took over organizing the annual event after her uncle, Rep. Ernest ‘Red’ Andrews, retired.
- Man charged with rape after 13-year-old girl taken from Nashville Walmart
- Study shows link between sleep apnea and Alzheimer’s
- 11 additional COVID-19 deaths reported in Oklahoma
- Decision 2020: Awaiting the debate
- Titans suspend team activities after multiple players, staffers test positive for COVID-19