This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – This unique twist on a classic dessert makes for a perfect transition between winter and spring.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 cup Hiland butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup Hiland sour cream
- 1 cup Shawnee Mills flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup Hiland milk
- 1 Granny Smith apple, sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen berries (blueberry, cranberry, or berry of your choice)
- Grease an 8-inch round or square cake pan. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk 1 cup sugar, cinnamon and allspice. Sprinkle in the pan.
- With an electric mixer, combine butter and 1 cup sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, mixing until incorporated.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt. Blend into butter mixture. On low speed, beat in milk until the batter is smooth.
- Place apple slices and cranberries in a pan, arranging on top of the sugar-cinnamon mixture. Spoon batter over apple and cranberries.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Then, using pot holders, turn out cake onto a large plate or platter.