OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – Officials have arrested a 33-year-old man in connection to the death of a child.
On Friday afternoon, Oklahoma City police officers have been called to the Mercy Minor Emergency Clinic regarding a child in medical distress.
When officers arrived, they learned that 10-month-old Paisley Cearley had been brought to the clinic with critical injuries.
She was rushed to a nearby hospital where she passed away.
Investigators arrested 33-year-old Joshua Jennings on Friday on a complaint of child abuse, but the charge will be amended to first-degree murder.
If you have any information on the crime, call the Homicide Tip Line at (405) 297-1200.
- Moderna, Johnson & Johnson boosters now offered in Oklahoma County
- Federal judge to hear arguments from five death row inmates in Oklahoma
- Norman police still searching for shooting suspect who took victim to hospital before fleeing
- Legislator pushes for Oklahoma to lead way in unmanned aerial vehicles
- Woman, suspect killed during hostage situation in Tulsa