OKLAHOMA COUNTY, Okla. (KFOR) – Authorities say a man was taken into custody after he allegedly walked into a home at Tinker Air Force Base.
Officials with the Oklahoma County Sheriff’s Office received a call from Tinker Air Force Base regarding a burglary at a home on base.
The victim told deputies that she heard someone walk inside her home after her dog started barking.
When she got up to look, she found 25-year-old Montana Burkhart standing in her house. She says she told Burkhart to leave several times and he finally did.
The victim says Burkhart was wearing clothes that belonged to her husband and said Burkhart had been in her truck.
Base security officers were able to take Burkhart into custody until deputies arrived on the scene.
Burkhart was arrested on complaints of first-degree burglary and third-degree burglary.
- With only one tip, KCPD urging community to speak up about shooting that killed 1-year-old
- 3 arrested after man fatally run over by own van while trying to stop vehicle theft
- Oklahoma City police investigating whether chase suspects are culprits of brutal Norman home invasion
- Americans load up on Halloween candy while waiting to see if trick or treating will happen
- President Trump, GOP AGs accuse social media companies of silencing conservatives