Correction: Oklahoma City police have clarified about the man’s actions prior to being hit.
OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – A young man died in Oklahoma City on Tuesday afternoon after he walked away from a bus station, crossed the street and was struck by a truck.
The fatal accident occurred near Southwest 31st Street and Western Avenue.
An Oklahoma City Police Department official told KFOR that the victim, who he described as a young adult male, ran across the street without looking and was struck by a delivery truck driving down Western.
Initially, witnesses thought the victim stepped off the EMBARK bus. However, investigators learned that he was waiting at the bus station before walking away.
The officer at the scene said the driver of the truck was neither at fault or impaired when the accident occurred.
The name of the young man was not released.
- OSDH: 48 additional COVID-19 deaths reported in Oklahoma
- WATCH: Lady Gaga sings national anthem at Biden’s inauguration
- Teen whom Biden befriended as fellow stutterer releasing children’s book
- Eugene Goodman: Kamala Harris escorted by hero Capitol police officer who diverted mob
- PHOTOS: Images from Joe Biden and Kamala Harris Inauguration