OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – One man is dead after stealing a car from an apartment complex and leading police on a chase around 1 a.m. Sunday morning.
The brief chase ended when the driver crashed near NW 42nd and Independence Avenue before shooting himself.
Officers attempted to contact the driver to get him out of the car, but backed off and established a perimeter after hearing a gunshot. The driver was a white male.
No one else was hurt in the incident.
The Oklahoma City Police Department has not released further details on the investigation at this time.
Stay with KFOR as this story develops.
- NFL giving 7,500 vaccinated health care workers free tickets to Super Bowl in Tampa
- Illinois girl, 3, fell from window at her home, died from cold, police say
- Two killed in Beaver County crash
- President Biden ordering economic help as talks start on $1.9 trillion relief package
- Widow of La. congressman-elect qualifies to run for the seat her husband won