This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – A man was taken to a hospital with burns after he lit a cigarette inside his vehicle while sitting near a gas canister.

Emergency responders traveled to the 2000 block of Northwest 12th Street in Oklahoma City after a vehicle caught on fire.

The victim had a gas canister in his vehicle. He lit a cigarette and a fire was sparked.

The man is expected to be fine, according to authorities at the scene.

Photo goes with story
A vehicle caught fire in Oklahoma City after a motorist lit a cigarette near a gas canister inside his vehicle.