Man treated for smoke inhalation after rescuing pets during house fire

Local
A man was treated for smoke inhalation after a house fire in N.W. Oklahoma City.

A man was treated for smoke inhalation after a house fire in N.W. Oklahoma City.

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – A man was treated for smoke inhalation following a house fire in northwest Oklahoma City.

Firefighters responded to the scene just before 11:30 p.m. Thursday near N.W. 63rd and May.

Officials tell KFOR a man and woman were home when the fire started.

They told firefighters that ashes from the fireplace caught a chair on fire and quickly spread.

The man went back inside the home to rescue their pets and was overcome by smoke. He was taken to the hospital for mild smoke inhalation.

Damage estimates are not yet available.

No other injuries were reported.

Latest News

More News

National News

More National

Washington D.C.

More Washington DC

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ
graphic of the Red Cross

Latest News

More News

Popular

KFOR Podcasts

More Podcasts

Follow @KFOR on Twitter