MOORE, Okla. (KFOR) – Moore Public Schools administrators have cancelled both in-person and virtual classes for Thursday in light of several schools being without electricity.
“Please know, we are in communication with electric companies for restoration timelines and we appreciate all of their efforts,” school officials said on social media Wednesday.
Thursday’s closure will not extend the school year.
“We have additional minutes built into the school day as provision for weather-related emergencies,” school officials said.
- Cowboys Cruise in Home Opener vs. Texas Southern
- Governor blocks parole for Manson follower Leslie Van Houten
- New restrictions to take effect Monday in Norman to slow the spread of COVID-19
- OCPD searching for Northwest Oklahoma City shooting suspect
- Choctaw Advances to First State Title Game in 60 Years as 6A Title Games Set