POTTAWATOMIE COUNTY, Okla. (KFOR) – A man died in a crash that occurred on a section of interstate in Pottawatomie County on Friday.
The man, whose name has not yet been released, died on Interstate 40 East, approximately four miles east of Shawnee, according to an Oklahoma Highway Patrol news release.
The 38-year-old man was driving a 2004 Ford F150 east on I-40 when, at approximately 5:59 p.m., he lost control and went off the road to the left. The pickup rolled approximately two-and-a-half times, collided with a tree and came to rest on its passenger side. He was ejected approximately 10 feet during the crash, according to the news release.
The man was not wearing his seatbelt when the crash occurred, the news release states.
- Back to school: Dept. of Defense outlines plan for military schools to reopen
- Metro schools working on safety measures for fall sports
- Epic Charter Schools ordered to pay legal fees, sanctions of state senator after libel suit
- The CDC issues a dire warning for the fall if coronavirus measures are not followed
- Study finds Oklahomans lost the most money in online romance scams nationwide in 2019