OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – A new Mediterranean food truck will be hitting the streets in Oklahoma City later this week.
Beginning on Dec. 5, Abu Omar Halal will open its first food truck in Oklahoma.
Abu Omar Halal, which started as Houston’s first Halal-based food truck in 2011, has now grown to 20 food truck and brick and mortar locations across the United States.
They offer several Mediterranean dishes like kabobs, sandwiches, and falafel options.
However, they are most well known for their authentic shawarma. The wrap is made with halal chicken or beef, long-cut pickles, and a flavorful garlic sauce served on a tortilla bread.
“The tortilla bread we use was the closest thing I could find to saj,” said Mohammad Omar.
Abu Omar Halal will open at 3700 N. Portland Ave. in Oklahoma City from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. each day.
Organizers say they are hosting a grand opening ceremony on Saturday, Dec. 5. that will allow patrons to try anything on the menu for 50% off.
- Missouri locksmith dressed as George Washington charged for role in Jan. 6th Capitol Insurrection
- Arkansas governor gets praise from White House for community COVID-19 forums
- ‘At a breaking point’: Mississippi down to 6 open ICU beds as delta rips through younger, unvaccinated populations
- 10 migrants killed in van rollover in South Texas
- Foo Fighters fans concerned about Oklahoma heat, Zoo Amphitheatre water bottle policy ahead of Saturday’s concert