Norman Police Department investigators believe that 58-year-old Byron Lee Carpenter fatally shot 56-year-old David Wilhelm before shooting himself in the backyard of a residence in the 2100 block of Bates Way, according to a news release issued by Sarah Jensen, Public Information Officer for the Police Department.
Wilhelm lived at the residence.
A person at the residence called police at about 3:12 p.m. Wednesday and reported hearing three gunshots.
Police arrived at the home and found two men dead in the backyard, one with a gunshot wound to the head.
The deadly shooting remains under investigation.
- Pres. Trump, Biden hold campaign events in battleground states
- UPDATE: Victim dies after Friday night shooting, police identify suspect and victim
- Wintry storm on the way, frozen precip likely
- AMBER ALERT issued for 2 girls abducted in Kansas following double-homicide of juveniles; suspect possibly in Oklahoma
- Do campaign signs still matter in 2020?