PRUE, Okla. (KFOR) – Authorities are investigating after the body of a man was found in Osage County.
Around 12 p.m. on Aug. 28, emergency crews were called to Walnut Creek State Park after a body was found near the water.
According to a report by the Oklahoma Highway Patrol, 20-year-old Shawn Mikel Welch’s body was found several hundred feet north of the main boat ramp.
At this point, Welch’s cause of death and what happened is still under investigation.
- Crews battle large house fire in Edmond, elderly resident makes it out safely
- Second day of winter weather blows through Oklahoma City metro, damage widespread
- Hundreds of thousands of Oklahomans sit in the dark as OG&E crews continue to work
- Do you have a family history of cancer? Some men are at risk for breast cancer
- Two men shoot each other in possible robbery at apartment complex near SWOSU, police say