PRUE, Okla. (KFOR) – Authorities are investigating after the body of a man was found in Osage County.
Around 12 p.m. on Aug. 28, emergency crews were called to Walnut Creek State Park after a body was found near the water.
According to a report by the Oklahoma Highway Patrol, 20-year-old Shawn Mikel Welch’s body was found several hundred feet north of the main boat ramp.
At this point, Welch’s cause of death and what happened is still under investigation.
- Insurance departments answers commonly asked ice storm questions
- Two Oklahomans die from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning
- This weekend’s weather: not too spooky!
- Legal or not? What to know before posting a voting selfie in Oklahoma
- PREPARING FOR THE POLLS: Helpful information for Oklahoma voters