PRUE, Okla. (KFOR) – Authorities are investigating after the body of a man was found in Osage County.
Around 12 p.m. on Aug. 28, emergency crews were called to Walnut Creek State Park after a body was found near the water.
According to a report by the Oklahoma Highway Patrol, 20-year-old Shawn Mikel Welch’s body was found several hundred feet north of the main boat ramp.
At this point, Welch’s cause of death and what happened is still under investigation.
- State and local officials address Oklahoma City elevation to Tier 2 in Surge Plan
- Man accused of stealing and destroying a competing company’s signs
- MIO Recipe: Creamy Chicken Chili
- Oklahomans brave the cold and long lines as delays at the DMV continue due to COVID-19
- Gov. Stitt to not appeal U.S. District Court’s ruling in favor of tribes on gaming compacts renewal