PRUE, Okla. (KFOR) – Authorities are investigating after the body of a man was found in Osage County.
Around 12 p.m. on Aug. 28, emergency crews were called to Walnut Creek State Park after a body was found near the water.
According to a report by the Oklahoma Highway Patrol, 20-year-old Shawn Mikel Welch’s body was found several hundred feet north of the main boat ramp.
At this point, Welch’s cause of death and what happened is still under investigation.
- Tracking the Tropics: Zeta moves northeast after battering Gulf Coast
- 3 dead in knife attack in French church; terrorism suspected
- Water in Choctaw gas station fuel pump causes vehicles to stall
- Lindsay Elementary School principal braves freezing temps and cold water, barefoot, to help students get to class
- ‘We don’t have anywhere to go’ – Oklahomans sit in darkness on Day 3 of ice storm; OG&E calling in help from out of state