PRUE, Okla. (KFOR) – Authorities are investigating after the body of a man was found in Osage County.
Around 12 p.m. on Aug. 28, emergency crews were called to Walnut Creek State Park after a body was found near the water.
According to a report by the Oklahoma Highway Patrol, 20-year-old Shawn Mikel Welch’s body was found several hundred feet north of the main boat ramp.
At this point, Welch’s cause of death and what happened is still under investigation.
- Oklahoma City trash & recycling pick-up delayed due to road conditions
- California police arrest 27 in EDD scam; 130 debit cards, $150,000 in cash recovered
- Power outages and voting in Oklahoma: What you need to know
- President Trump’s attacks around Joe Biden’s son explained
- Woman FaceTimes her daughter during attempted home invasion