PRUE, Okla. (KFOR) – Authorities are investigating after the body of a man was found in Osage County.
Around 12 p.m. on Aug. 28, emergency crews were called to Walnut Creek State Park after a body was found near the water.
According to a report by the Oklahoma Highway Patrol, 20-year-old Shawn Mikel Welch’s body was found several hundred feet north of the main boat ramp.
At this point, Welch’s cause of death and what happened is still under investigation.
- Barrett confirmed as Supreme Court justice in partisan vote
- Celebrating Native American ties to baseball
- Oklahoma hospitals, health department work to streamline patient transfer as Oklahoma COVID-19 hospitalizations continue to climb
- Oklahoma City attorney explains election requirements for employers and employees
- Preparing for Oklahoma winter weather and ice storms