PRUE, Okla. (KFOR) – Authorities are investigating after the body of a man was found in Osage County.
Around 12 p.m. on Aug. 28, emergency crews were called to Walnut Creek State Park after a body was found near the water.
According to a report by the Oklahoma Highway Patrol, 20-year-old Shawn Mikel Welch’s body was found several hundred feet north of the main boat ramp.
At this point, Welch’s cause of death and what happened is still under investigation.
- Second stimulus checks: Here’s why Pelosi is aiming for a deal right after Election Day
- AG: Use caution before hiring contractors to repair storm damages
- One death, multiple injuries reported in Mississippi from Hurricane Zeta
- Rankings: Which states don’t bother to vote
- OSDH: Technical difficulties lead to delay in COVID-19 data