PRUE, Okla. (KFOR) – Authorities are investigating after the body of a man was found in Osage County.
Around 12 p.m. on Aug. 28, emergency crews were called to Walnut Creek State Park after a body was found near the water.
According to a report by the Oklahoma Highway Patrol, 20-year-old Shawn Mikel Welch’s body was found several hundred feet north of the main boat ramp.
At this point, Welch’s cause of death and what happened is still under investigation.
- Two people behind bars after sex trafficking bust in Oklahoma City
- ‘A big part of me is now missing’ – Tinker Air Force employee and veteran dies of COVID-19
- Paying it 4ward with the gift of music
- Epic Charter Schools respond to bombshell state audit
- Oklahoma COVID-19 hospitalizations hit another record high