NORMAN, Okla. (KFOR) – Authorities are investigating after a 44-year-old man drowned while at Lake Thunderbird.
Officials with the Oklahoma Highway Patrol were called to the Calypso Cove area of Lake Thunderbird around 7:45 p.m. on Sunday.
Investigators say 44-year-old Justin Holland was floating on his back approximately 80 feet from the shore when a wake from a boat caused him to struggle and go under the water.
Sadly, he did not resurface.
Authorities with the Norman Fire Department were able to recover Holland’s body from the lake.
- Kentucky governor calls for release of Breonna Taylor evidence
- With only one tip, KCPD urging community to speak up about shooting that killed 1-year-old
- 3 arrested after man fatally run over by own van while trying to stop vehicle theft
- Oklahoma City police investigating whether chase suspects are culprits of brutal Norman home invasion
- Americans load up on Halloween candy while waiting to see if trick or treating will happen