LOGAN COUNTY, Okla. (KFOR) – A man was killed in a motorcycle crash over the weekend with speed being a factor, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol says.
It happened on July 18, just before 6:30 p.m., near US Highway 77 and County Road 74, approximately 3.5 miles north of Guthrie.
According to a trooper’s report, Paul Fitzpatrick, 53, was driving his motorcycle northbound on the highway when he crashed at a speed too fast to negotiate a curve.
He departed the roadway to the right and struck a ditch.
Officials say the cause of the crash was due to excessive speed.
- ‘Out on the town’: 200-pound tortoise back home after escaping Alabama pen
- Freezing Line Slowly Moves West Tuesday
- Man charged in 2-month-old daughter’s death left trail of destruction
- Oklahoma City crews: Bridges, overpasses ‘extremely dangerous’
- Scientists remove 98 ‘murder hornets’ in Washington state