HOLLIS, Okla. (KFOR) – The Oklahoma Highway Patrol is remembering two troopers killed in a plane crash more than 40 years ago.
On July 3, 1978 Trooper Richard Oldaker, Trooper Rondal Alexander, and Fort Sill soldier Spec. 4 Ronnie D. Russell were flying over the Salt Fork River bed near Hollis.
Oldaker was the pilot of the low flying mission when the plane struck a utility pole wire spanning the river and crashed.
All three men died in the crash.
OHP says Oldaker joined the agency in 1969, and Alexander joined in 1974.
- Get into the Christmas spirit with ‘Downtown in December’ events
- OU archaeologists uncover buried building in ancient Mexican city
- Pro-Trump donor suing Houston group over failure to prove voter fraud in 2020 election
- Oklahoma City church giving away stuffed turkey legs to those in need
- Guthrie organization giving food to those in need