HOLLIS, Okla. (KFOR) – The Oklahoma Highway Patrol is remembering two troopers killed in a plane crash more than 40 years ago.
On July 3, 1978 Trooper Richard Oldaker, Trooper Rondal Alexander, and Fort Sill soldier Spec. 4 Ronnie D. Russell were flying over the Salt Fork River bed near Hollis.
Oldaker was the pilot of the low flying mission when the plane struck a utility pole wire spanning the river and crashed.
All three men died in the crash.
OHP says Oldaker joined the agency in 1969, and Alexander joined in 1974.
- Police: Chase ends with stolen vehicle crashing into creek
- Oklahoma City police investigating shooting
- Nurse pulls 3 newborns out of hospital hit by the Beirut blast
- Biden no longer coming to Milwaukee to accept presidential nomination
- Tracking the Tropics: Experts update hurricane season forecast to ‘extremely active’ with 24 named storms