JEFFERSON COUNTY, Okla. (KFOR) – A Texas man drowned after going fishing in the Red River over the weekend, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol says.
It happened on Sunday at an unknown time on the Red River, approximately five miles southwest of Courtney, Oklahoma, in Jefferson County.
According to a trooper’s report, Ryan Haralson, 40, of Nocona, Texas, left a family’s residence on an ATV around 4:30 p.m. on Saturday to go fishing in the Red River.
At some point, he “entered the water for an unknown reason and apparently drowned,” states the report.
Family and friends found Haralson in about four feet of water around 1:45 p.m. on Sunday, less than a mile away from where the ATV was parked.
- 2 men — one a police officer —overdose on fentanyl mistaken for cocaine
- Officials: 17 additional deaths, 1,000 new COVID-19 cases in Oklahoma
- Tinker units make history with first 3D printed engine component
- Newsfeed Now: Stimulus bill battle continues; ‘Zombie cicadas’ in Tennessee
- Walmart announces dates, locations for its parking lot drive-in theaters