MAJOR COUNTY, Okla. (KFOR) – Oklahoma Game Wardens are searching for suspects responsible for recent illegal shootings of deer near Fairview.
Two deer have been shot illegally since last Thursday, Oct. 8, according to a notice Oklahoma Game Wardens posted on their official Facebook page.
The second deer was shot between the evening of Saturday, Oct. 10, and the night of Sunday, Oct. 12, near County Road NS 250 and EW 46, according to game wardens.
The slain deer’s carcass was dumped just northwest of Fairview.
“The perpetrators hung the carcass off the bales and skinned it at the location,” game wardens said.
The deer were shot in the head.
If you have any information about the illegal deer shootings, please call Game Warden Phillip Cottrill at (580) 227-0393.
- Some state agencies to delay non-essential services on Wednesday
- OG&E: No timeframe for power restoration across Oklahoma City metro
- Storms, Heavy Rain Through Thursday Morning
- Ohio woman creates Baby Yoda from 451-pound pumpkin
- 6-year-old boy’s ‘YouCanBeABCs’ rap video inspires kids to dream big