OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – The Oklahoma Department of Corrections (ODOC) has locked down all facilities after more than 20 inmates were assaulted at three male prisons Friday afternoon.
Officials say the attacks occurred at North Fork Correctional Center, Jess Dunn Correctional Center, and Oklahoma State Penitentiary, and several of the injured were transported to hospitals.
ODOC corrections staff and agents with the Office of the Inspector General are investigating what sparked the altercations.
- Why was purple significant at the inauguration?
- OSDH: 48 additional COVID-19 deaths reported in Oklahoma
- WATCH: Lady Gaga sings national anthem at Biden’s inauguration
- Teen whom Biden befriended as fellow stutterer releasing children’s book
- Eugene Goodman: Kamala Harris escorted by hero Capitol police officer who diverted mob