OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – Oklahoma City firefighters were called to an unusual rescue on Thursday afternoon.
Around 12 p.m. on Thursday, Oklahoma City fire crews responded to a report of a man trapped in a drainage ditch near N.W. 45th and Independence.
Officials say the man crawled into an inlet and started wandering around when his legs began to hurt.
When he couldn’t get his phone to work, he waited for someone to walk by and called for help.
After being pulled to safety, the man refused medical treatment and was able to walk away from the scene.
- OSU medical students helping with vaccine rollout in Oklahoma
- Nurse Refresher Course hopes to bring former nurses back to the frontlines
- Newsfeed Now: Senators to be sworn in for impeachment, 40-year-old message in a bottle discovered in lake
- Silver alert issued for missing Oklahoma woman last seen on foot
- Analysis: Brady’s NFC championship turned on 2 crucial calls