OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – Authorities are investigating an officer-involved shooting that left a suspect dead and an Oklahoma City officer injured.
Just after 4 a.m. on Wednesday, Oklahoma City officers were involved in a pursuit of a vehicle near S.W. 104th and May Ave.
The suspect led officers on a chase across southwest Oklahoma City before the chase came to an end near Couch and Lee in downtown Oklahoma City.
At that point, the driver of the vehicle exchanged gunfire with police. Officials have not released who fired shots first.
The suspect was shot and killed, and an Oklahoma City police officer was injured in the shooting.
“One of our officers was shot. He was taken to a local hospital where he was treated and released with non-life threatening injuries,” said Capt. Dan Stewart, with the Oklahoma City Police Department.
Right now, investigators are still processing the scene.
The suspect’s name has not been released.
- The last weekend of Summer will feel like Summer! Here’s the Oklahoma State Fair forecast.
- Friday Night Heroes, Week 3
- Oklahoma Department of Human Services warns about text message scam
- Crook(s) accused of breaking into 40 cars in 1 night at Oklahoma City metro area apartment complex
- 3 men who saved 2 boys from fiery crash near Perry, Okla., honored at local rodeo