OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – Authorities say a 64-year-old inmate at the Oklahoma County Detention Center has died after testing positive for COVID-19.
Officials say 64-year-old Clarence Steven Merrell was booked into the Oklahoma County Detention Center on June 26 for multiple felony offenses.
Merrell was oxygen dependent and under doctor’s care on the medical floor during his entire stay.
On July 23, Merrell was sent to St. Anthony’s Hospital due to low oxygen levels.
While hospitalized, he tested positive for COVID-19 and remained hospitalized until his death on Tuesday.
- Oklahoma mom warns of the dangers of open-air carbon monoxide poisoning after her son dies after a day on the lake
- Mickey: Keys to Victory on Sunday
- Tiny Rubik’s Cube goes on sale in Japan to mark 40th anniversary
- Experts explain log lighters after investigators say one caused recent house explosion
- Oklahoma City Firefighters give advice on fire and explosion prevention