POTTAWATOMIE COUNTY, Okla. (KFOR) – Authorities say a 58-year-old Oklahoma man has died from injuries he sustained in a crash earlier this week.
Around 12:30 p.m. on Sept. 14, emergency crews were called to a crash at the intersection of Acme and Wolverine, just west of Shawnee.
According to an accident report by the Oklahoma Highway Patrol, a 2016 Toyota Corolla was southbound on Acme as a 2016 Dodge Ram was heading westbound on Wolverine.
Investigators say the Corolla failed to stop at a stop sign and hit the Dodge Ram.
Both of the vehicles crashed through a fence before coming to rest in a field.
Officials say the passenger in the Dodge Ram, 58-year-old Kirk Halbert, Sr., was rushed to OU Medical Center in critical condition.
Sadly, Halbert died three days after the crash.
- Senators to be sworn in today, as articles of impeachment are presented
- Oklahoma state representative proposes statewide mask mandate
- Who’s the favorite to be named Super Bowl LV MVP?
- PHOTOS: Murals around the country honor late Kobe Bryant, daughter Gianna Bryant
- One year later: Remembering Kobe Bryant and 8 others who died in helicopter crash