Oklahoma residents can apply for individual assistance from winter storms


OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – Many homeowners are still cleaning up after a historic winter storm moved through the region earlier this month.

Now, city officials in Oklahoma City say residents can apply for disaster assistance.

Homeowners, renters, and business owners who live in several Oklahoma counties can apply for disaster assistance from FEMA if they sustained damage to their homes, vehicles, personal property, business, or inventory during the February storms.

The assistance can help with:

  • Housing repairs
  • Temporary housing
  • Grants for serious needs
  • Necessary disaster expenses not met by other programs
  • Low-interest loans for people and businesses to repair or replace damaged property.

Examples of significant damage include flooding and water damage inside the home from broken pipes, roof damage or roof collapse, major damage to HVAC systems and electrical systems, sewage backups, long term water outages, or other issues.

Counties currently eligible for assistance are Canadian, Carter, Cherokee, Comanche, Cotton, Hughes, Jefferson, Le Flore, McIntosh, Oklahoma, Okmulgee, Osage, Pittsburg, Stephens, Tulsa, and Wagoner.

To apply for assistance, visit FEMA’s website or call 1-800-621-3362.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News

More News

National News

More National

Washington D.C.

More Washington

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ

Download the NEW KFOR App!

Daily Oklahoma Coronavirus Data

Contact In Your Corner Team

Latest News

More News

KFOR Digital Originals

More Digital Original


Follow @KFOR on Twitter

Border Report

More Border Report