One dead after carbon monoxide leak at Tulsa apartment complex, fire officials say

Local
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

TULSA, Okla. (KFOR/KJRH) – One person is dead following a carbon monoxide leak at a Tulsa apartment complex.

According to the Tulsa Fire Department, fire crews responded to a 911 call from an apartment resident about her carbon monoxide detector going off.

When crews arrived, they found that the levels in the caller’s apartment were elevated and quickly rising.

Firefighters started to wake up neighbors and evacuate apartments that had unsafe levels of carbon monoxide.

Crews found the source of the leak inside a ground-level garage. KJRH reports a car was left running inside the garage.

Fire officials say one female was found dead in the incident.

It is recommended that everyone should have a carbon monoxide detector in their home.

Latest News

More News

National News

More National

Washington D.C.

More Washington

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ

Latest News

More News

KFOR Digital Originals

More Digital Original

Popular

Follow @KFOR on Twitter

Border Report

More Border Report