GRADY COUNTY, Okla. (KFOR) – A Chickasha man is dead and a another man is in critical condition following a vehicle crash in Chickasha on Friday.
Reford E. Alcorn II, 43, was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash on the H.E. Bailey Turnpike at the mile marker 83 exit ramp, according to an Oklahoma Highway Patrol news release.
Alcorn and 25-year-old Billy M. Johnson II of Chickasha were traveling west on Interstate 44 in a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 when, at approximately 8:49 p.m., they drove onto the off-ramp at a high rate of speed, according to the news release.
The driver lost control of the vehicle, causing it to roll an “undetermined” number of times before coming to rest on its wheels. Both Alcorn and Johnson were ejected during the crash, the news release states.
Johnson was taken by ambulance to the University of Oklahoma Medical Center in Oklahoma City. He is in critical condition with head, internal and external torso, arm and leg injuries, the news release states.
It is unknown which of the two men was driving the Dodge Ram. Neither was wearing a seatbelt when the crash occurred, according to the news release.
The weather was clear and the road was dry at the time of the crash, the news release states.
- Moore man on motorcycle saved by strangers after car slams into him
- UPDATE: Man helps lead children to safety after daycare fire
- Garfield County gun bust unveils numerous rifles, ammo & meth in home of convicted felon
- COVID-19 claims the life of a young mother and her unborn child
- ‘Olympic athletes are dying:’ Doc sheds light on suicide among Olympians