OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – One person is in custody and another is in the hospital after a short police chase ended with firefighters having to save a suspect that crashed a stolen truck into a ditch full of water.
“The vehicle was submerged in the water. There was some water in the passenger compartment,” Maj. Andrew McCann with the Oklahoma City Fire Department said. “The water was not rising since the rain had stopped.”
One suspect was able to free himself, but the other was trapped inside. Firefighters pulled the trapped suspect out through the back window, and hauled him up a ladder and into a waiting ambulance.
All of this happened after police tried to stop the driver just moment earlier. That pursuit only lasted about a mile before the driver crashed into the ditch near SW 15th and Portland.
“They found a substantial amount of methamphetamine on one of the suspects during the search after the arrest,” Msgt. Gary Knight with the Oklahoma City Police Department told KFOR. “The second one was transported to an area hospital where he is still receiving treatment.”
- President Trump, GOP AGs accuse social media companies of silencing conservatives
- 2 officers shot in Louisville
- Closed, river-worn section of Triple X Road earns federal grant for repair
- Massachusetts man dies from eating bags of black licorice
- 80-year-old Alabama woman skydives to celebrate birthday