DELAWARE COUNTY, Okla. (KFOR) – The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation is investigating the death of a Delaware County Detention Center inmate.
The Delaware County Sheriff’s Office requested OSBI investigative assistance just after midnight on Wednesday, following the death of 51-year-old Brian Edward Anderson, according to an OSBI news release.
Anderson was detained at the jail on a writ from the Department of Corrections.
Detention Center staff was alerted on Tuesday that Anderson was suffering through a medical episode.
Jail personnel called paramedics and Anderson was taken to INTEGRIS Hospital in Grove, Okla., where he was pronounced dead.
The Oklahoma Office of the Chief Medical Examiner will perform an autopsy and determine the cause of death.
- MURALS IN THE METRO: Artist brings bold lines, color contrasts to Oklahoma City murals
- OU Health doctors say vaccine is the light at the end of a long tunnel
- Deer Creek Middle School moving to remote learning next week after several staff members in quarantine
- The axe powers of Central Oklahoma say they’re ready for the World Axe Throwing Championships
- Oklahoma City couple still able to donate convalescent plasma 8 months after recovering from COVID-19