LOVE COUNTY, Okla. (KFOR) – Authorities are investigating after a pedestrian died after being hit by a train in Love County.
Around 3:30 a.m. on Tuesday, emergency crews were called to an accident along the railroad tracks near Greenville Rd. in Love County.
Officials with the Oklahoma Highway Patrol say a train that was hauling 100 cars was heading southbound on the railroad tracks when it hit a person standing in the middle of the tracks.
The victim was pronounced dead at the scene from massive injuries.
At this point, the victim’s name has not been released.
- Ground to be broken on new Homeland store that will end NE OKC food desert; community invited to celebrate
- Disney to lay off 28,000 employees at its parks in California, Florida
- OKC City Council member to host voter registration drive & face mask giveaway
- Oklahoma City attorney pleads guilty to unlawful possession of a firearm
- ICE deports 59 Mexicans with drug convictions as part of inmate transfer treaty