TULSA COUNTY, Okla. (KFOR) – An investigation is underway after an incident with a train left one person dead over the weekend in northeast Oklahoma.
It happened on Saturday, around 10:50 p.m., at 193rd W Ave and Old Hwy 51, one mile north of Lotsee in Tulsa County.
What led up to the incident is under investigation, but officials say it involved 35-year-old Ah Li Pa, of Jenks, and a BNSF train pulling 14 cars.
The cause of the incident was due to pedestrian action, a report from the Oklahoma Highway Patrol states.
The operator of the train was not injured.
OHP is investigating Ah Li Pa’s condition at the time of the incident.
- Thanksgiving 2020 Forecast
- Body of 19-year-old driver recovered from Lake Hefner about 100 yards from car
- Protest held after 15-year-old armed robbery suspect shot and killed by Oklahoma City police
- Dance teachers Pay it Forward by teaching dancing to people battling Parkinson’s disease
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, essential workers among list of Time Person of the Year reader poll nominees