OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – A pedestrian is in critical condition in Oklahoma City after he stepped into traffic and was hit by a vehicle Thursday night.
Oklahoma City police told KFOR that the man was struck in the area of Northwest 115th and Western at around 9:30 p.m.
The man stepped off a curb and into traffic; a motorist wasn’t able to avoid hitting him.
The motorist’s cell phone was not working, so he couldn’t call for help. However, he noticed a patrol officer’s vehicle down the street and ran to the officer for help.
The officer provided aid to the pedestrian until paramedics arrived.
The pedestrian was taken to a hospital, where he is listed in critical condition.
Police did not release further details.
- One man dead after shooting in downtown OKC hotel
- UN Human Rights Office says 18 killed in Myanmar crackdown
- Slight shower chance Monday night, better rain chances by week’s end
- Variants and vaccines: How worried should we be?
- Pet hospice services help manage pain, anxiety and tough decisions in final days