UPDATE: The driver of the stolen vehicle has been identified as 34-year-old Joshua Karpe. Karpe was taken into custody by the Oklahoma City Police Department and booked into the Oklahoma County Jail.
OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – One suspect is in custody after a long-distance police chase involving a stolen Frito-Lay truck.
The vehicle was stolen Saturday morning at a Circle K near NW 39th and N May. The pursuit ended near S 30th and E Southgate Road, southeast of Enid.
Police say at least one county vehicle was hit during the chase.
At some point, an Oklahoma Highway Patrol trooper fired shots at the vehicle.
This is a developing story. Stay with KFOR as more information is released.
- Herta makes all right moves to win wet, wild IndyCar GP
- Pre-school for children with speech delays and disorders to open at UCO
- Nothing like a “super flower blood Moon” lunar eclipse to light up the night sky!
- More mass shootings are happening at grocery stores – 13% of shooters are motivated by racial hatred, criminologists find
- 19-year-old Texan becomes youngest African American to graduate law school in US