Police chase across Oklahoma City metro area leads to armed man holed up in Oklahoma City nail salon


Correction: In an earlier version the title had an incorrect word added, that has been fixed.

OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – A suspect who fled into Oklahoma City nail salon following a police pursuit on Thursday evening is in custody.

Oklahoma City police arrested the suspect at Foxy Nails in the 1000 block of Northeast 23rd Street.

Officials said over police traffic radio that the suspect was armed.

The suspect led Oklahoma City and Midwest City officers, as well as Oklahoma Highway Patrol troopers, in a chase that lasted 15 minutes.

The chase started after police were called to a Midwest City residence about a possible domestic disturbance.

When officers arrived, the suspect fled out of the back of the home.

Police chased the suspect on foot until he got into a vehicle and took off.

The chase ended in Oklahoma City when he ditched his vehicle and ran into Foxy Nails carrying a backpack that had a gun in it.

“By the time he was in front of our windows, I saw the cops behind him.,” said John Allen, the manager of Foxy Nails. “Obviously he was running from something. When you see the cops, he was obviously running from the cops. You really don’t want to deal with someone who is running from the cops in any situation.”

Photo goes with story
Oklahoma City police outside Foxy Nails.

There were 15 to 20 people inside the business. The suspect yelled for everyone inside to get out. They ran out of the business as the suspect stayed inside.

“Everybody is falling over each other. We couldn’t get out. We were all stuck in there,” said customer Christina Brown.

Allen said it was a state of panic.

“I was just trying to get people off the floor because a couple of people fell to get out the back door,” Allen said. “Right then, I was kind of shaking. It was kind of crazy. It was definitely panic mode a little bit to get everyone out.”

A person the man allegedly held against their will earlier told police that he was armed with a silver or chrome revolver.

Police used a PA system to speak to the suspect. They talked him into surrendering 30 minutes later.

There were no injuries reported.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News

More News

Pay it 4Ward

More Pay It 4ward

National News

More U.S. & World

Washington D.C.

More Washington

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ

Daily Oklahoma Coronavirus Data


Contact In Your Corner Team

Latest News

More News


image of QR Code

KFOR Digital Originals

More Digital Original

Follow @KFOR on Twitter