Shortly before 7 p.m. on Monday, Oklahoma City officers were called to the Okie Gas Express, located near Western Ave. and I-240, regarding an armed robbery.
During the robbery, the store clerk fled the store and locked the alleged suspect inside the building.
When officers arrived, they surrounded the business.
Authorities say officers ordered the suspect, 15-year-old Stavian Rodriguez, to come out of the store.
At that point, investigators say Rodriguez climbed out of the drive-thru window, holding a pistol.
Officials say he refused to follow commands and was shot by five officers on the scene. He was rushed to OU Medical Center, where he died from his injuries.
All five officers who fired on Rodriguez have been placed on administrative leave.
- California mom describes allergic reaction to Moderna vaccine
- How to score a McDonald’s cheeseburger for 25 cents Thursday
- Three soldiers killed in upstate NY military helicopter crash
- Uniformed man seen kneeling at Beau Biden’s grave during inauguration
- City of Oklahoma City Utilities customers concerned as water shutoffs return