Shortly before 7 p.m. on Monday, Oklahoma City officers were called to the Okie Gas Express, located near Western Ave. and I-240, regarding an armed robbery.
During the robbery, the store clerk fled the store and locked the alleged suspect inside the building.
When officers arrived, they surrounded the business.
Authorities say officers ordered the suspect, 15-year-old Stavian Rodriguez, to come out of the store.
At that point, investigators say Rodriguez climbed out of the drive-thru window, holding a pistol.
Officials say he refused to follow commands and was shot by five officers on the scene. He was rushed to OU Medical Center, where he died from his injuries.
All five officers who fired on Rodriguez have been placed on administrative leave.
- Founder of conservative Christian Daystar Television Network dies after contracting COVID
- Big Game Bound: Playoff hopes remain alive for multiple teams as NFL enters Week 13
- Debt collectors can now contact you on social media, text you
- Best gift ideas under $100 and on sale now
- Photos: Cardboard Christmas tree display is the talk of New Jersey town