OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – Police are searching for a driver who crashed into the side of a house in southwest Oklahoma City early Wednesday morning.
Around 4:30 a.m. on Wednesday, investigators say residents heard a loud crash near S.W. 44th and Agnew.
Neighbors told KFOR that the driver of a truck crashed through a fence before slamming into the side of a nearby house.
“I was sleeping in my chair, heard a bang and then heard a big crash. Come running out with a phone in my hand, calling 911 and then noticed the truck in my neighbor’s house,” said Kim Tanksley.
By the time Oklahoma City police officers arrived, the driver had already fled the scene.
Officers and Oklahoma City firefighters worked to stabilize the home to prevent part of it from collapsing.
Fortunately, the homeowner was not injured in the crash.
- One person in hospital after shooting outside dispensary
- Many unemployment claimants find cards disabled; OESC says they’re looking into fraud
- Signs of heatstroke: What to do if you spot these 8 warnings
- Evening storms to subside, heat wave begins this week
- Counties with the lowest home prices in Oklahoma