Police identify woman accused of opening fire at McDonald’s employees over COVID-19 dining room policy


OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – Multiple employees were injured after a shooting at a McDonald’s in Oklahoma City over the restaurant’s COVID-19 dining room policy.

Police say it started around 6:30 p.m. Wednesday evening when a woman entered the McDonald’s near S.W. 89th and Penn expecting to be able to sit down and eat. Because of COVID-19, employees told the woman that McDonald’s dining rooms are still closed.

The suspect refused to leave and a physical altercation ensued between the suspect and an employee. 

The suspect exited the store briefly, but returned with a handgun. 

Police say she fired approximately three rounds in the restaurant. 

Four employees were injured, and three went to the hospital. One employee was hit in the arm, a second was hit with shrapnel in the neck/shoulder and a third employee was hit with shrapnel in the side. Two of the employees are 16 years old, according to police.

Officials tell KFOR original reports indicated there were two suspects, however, it was later determined there was only one suspect – 32-year-old Gloricia Woody.

She was located a few blocks south of the McDonald’s and taken into custody without incident. Her name will be released later on Thursday.

Police say as all Oklahomans cope with the pandemic, they are also thinking about their own safety as they investigate the scene.

“We just take extra precautions for our personal safety and the safety of witnesses, suspects and victims,” said Captain Beck.

KFOR also talked to many of the employees, who did not want to go on camera, as they were shaken up and worried about their friends’ safety.

They say in all, there were about eight employees inside and they all ran for the back door when the gunfire started.

McDonald’s released a statement about the incident on Thursday saying:

“The safety and security of our employees and customers is our top priority. Our thoughts and prayers are with all those involved, and the good news is that we can report the employees who sustained injuries are expected to make a full recovery. This is a heinous crime on our restaurant employees who were trying to support public health efforts. We are fully cooperating with law enforcement as they continue to investigate this matter.”

Latest News

More News

National News

More National

Washington D.C.

More Washington DC

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ
graphic of the Red Cross

Latest News

More News


KFOR Podcasts

More Podcasts

Follow @KFOR on Twitter