OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – Oklahoma City police are investigating a shooting in which a property owner shot a suspect who allegedly broke into a shed on Wednesday night.
Police were called to the area of Northwest 23rd Street and May Avenue.
Officers spoke with a property owner at the scene.
The property owner told officers that he went to check on property after he had not been able to get in contact with the tenant.
He said when he arrived he found a male suspect breaking into a shed on the property.
Police said the property owner confronted the suspect and at some point shot him.
The suspect was transported to a hospital. He is in critical condition.
Officers are questioning the property owner. He is not under arrest at this time.
Police did not provide further information.
- Justice Department investigating ‘bribery-for-pardon scheme’
- Congress scrambles to avoid government shutdown
- Bipartisan lawmakers push $908B pandemic relief bill
- Group of Senate Democrats and Republicans announce COVID relief framework
- 1st COVID vaccines should go to health care workers, nursing homes, panel says