OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – It was a chase that you might have witnessed back in the Wild West, but a steer attempted to make his break for it along I-40 in Oklahoma City.
The steer ran along the interstate before deciding to take a dip in the Oklahoma River.
Chopper 4 pilot Mason Dunn kept an eye on the steer and radioed its location to Oklahoma City Animal Control.
The steer was eventually tracked down in a wooded area and lassoed by a team on horseback.
At this point, it is still unclear if the steer was given back to its owner or how it escaped.
- OU to implement test-optional admissions policy for next 5 years
- Vote America makes push on Nat’l Voter Registration Day
- Where are this year’s healthiest US communities?
- Mnuchin and Powell on pandemic progress: US economy is improving, but still fragile
- First possible West Nile virus human case of season reported in Oklahoma County