OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – A semi-truck caught fire and caused a section of Interstate 240 to shut down after crashing early Saturday morning in Oklahoma City.
The crash occurred shortly after 4 a.m. on I-240 East at Western Avenue.
A motorist was in her vehicle on the shoulder of the interstate, sleeping, when another vehicle crashed into her.
The driver of the semi-truck swerved to avoid hitting the two crashed vehicles, causing the semi-truck to tip over.
A small fire ignited on the truck.
That section of interstate was shut down because of a diesel leak. HAZMAT was called to the scene to safely clean up the leak.
No one was injured in the crash.
- Man accused of setting fire to mother’s Oklahoma City home
- Signed, sealed, delivered: Recreational marijuana one step closer to November election ballot
- 75 dogs seized from breeder in Oklahoma
- ShapED My Life: Native forensic artist says teachers encouraged his talent
- Lawmakers concerned over future Supreme Court decisions after Roe reversal