Space heater ignites garage fire in Oklahoma City, residents suffer smoke inhalation

Local
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – Oklahoma City firefighters extinguished a garage fire that was sparked by a space heater and caused residents to suffer smoke inhalation.

Firefighters were called to the 1600 block of Southeast 51st Street at around 11:20 a.m. Saturday.

When crews arrived, they found the home’s garage in flames.

Firefighters mostly contained the blaze to the garage, but the attic sustained some damage.

Two people at the home were treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.

The Red Cross will assist the residents with recovery.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News

More News

Pay it 4Ward

More Pay It 4ward

National News

More U.S. & World

Washington D.C.

More Washington

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ

Daily Oklahoma Coronavirus Data

Trending

Contact In Your Corner Team

Latest News

More News

SCAN ME: KFOR App QR Code

image of QR Code

KFOR Digital Originals

More Digital Original

Follow @KFOR on Twitter