OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – Oklahoma City firefighters extinguished a garage fire that was sparked by a space heater and caused residents to suffer smoke inhalation.
Firefighters were called to the 1600 block of Southeast 51st Street at around 11:20 a.m. Saturday.
When crews arrived, they found the home’s garage in flames.
Firefighters mostly contained the blaze to the garage, but the attic sustained some damage.
Two people at the home were treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.
The Red Cross will assist the residents with recovery.
- Chad Richison Donates $10 Million to UCO Athletics
- Thunder Thrashed in Season Opener vs. Jazz
- Oklahoma woman posthumously honored after her young life with Pay It 4Ward award for kindness
- U.S. Marshals offering $5,000 reward for information leading to a deadly Del City shooting suspect’s arrest; he’s been on the run for nearly two years
- Oklahoma City police remove COVID-19 vaccine mandate for recruits