OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – What was supposed to be a beautiful summer day on the lake took a dangerous turn for one man.
Officials say a man was enjoying the day on his sailboat at Lake Hefner when strong winds caused the boat to capsize.
On Thursday night, several bystanders called 911 after seeing the boat on the lake.
The sailor suffered just a minor cut on his leg, but did need a little bit of help getting the boat upright.
- OSU medical students helping with vaccine rollout in Oklahoma
- Nurse Refresher Course hopes to bring former nurses back to the frontlines
- Newsfeed Now: Senators to be sworn in for impeachment, 40-year-old message in a bottle discovered in lake
- Silver alert issued for missing Oklahoma woman last seen on foot
- Analysis: Brady’s NFC championship turned on 2 crucial calls