OKLAHOMA COUNTY (KFOR) – A young teenager drowned in an Oklahoma County lake on Saturday.
Oklahoma City police confirmed to KFOR that a 15-year-old male drowned in an Oklahoma Lake recreation area at Memorial and Westminster in Jones.
Police received a call about the teen at 11:43 a.m.
Emergency personnel hurried to the lake. A dive team entered the water and recovered the body of the teen.
Oklahoma City firefighters worked for an hour in an effort to resuscitate the teen.
Officials initially told KFOR that the teen was 14 years old. Officials have since informed KFOR that the teen had recently turned 15.
Stay with KFOR as this story develops.
- 1,721 new COVID cases in Oklahoma, 19 more deaths, according to health officials
- Vanderbilt K Fuller becomes first woman to play in Power 5
- Court orders France to rethink 30-person limit on worship
- Last chance to vote in round one of our Christmas movie bracket
- Mike Tyson returns to ring, draws in exhibition with Jones