OKLAHOMA COUNTY (KFOR) – A young teenager drowned in an Oklahoma County lake on Saturday.
Oklahoma City police confirmed to KFOR that a 15-year-old male drowned in an Oklahoma Lake recreation area at Memorial and Westminster in Jones.
Police received a call about the teen at 11:43 a.m.
Emergency personnel hurried to the lake. A dive team entered the water and recovered the body of the teen.
Oklahoma City firefighters worked for an hour in an effort to resuscitate the teen.
Officials initially told KFOR that the teen was 14 years old. Officials have since informed KFOR that the teen had recently turned 15.
Stay with KFOR as this story develops.
- Moore man on motorcycle saved by strangers after car slams into him
- UPDATE: Man helps lead children to safety after daycare fire
- Garfield County gun bust unveils numerous rifles, ammo & meth in home of convicted felon
- COVID-19 claims the life of a young mother and her unborn child
- ‘Olympic athletes are dying:’ Doc sheds light on suicide among Olympians