MCCLAIN COUNTY, Okla. (KFOR) – A Texas man died in a two-vehicle crash that occurred Friday afternoon in Purcell, Okla.
Antonio D. Retana, 56, of Forney, Texas, died at the University of Oklahoma Medical Center in Oklahoma City, according to an Oklahoma Highway Patrol news release.
Retana was driving a 2016 Jeep Wrangler south on Interstate 35. Retana swerved at approximately 4:30 p.m. to avoid upcoming construction. A 2013 Volvo semi-truck struck Retana’s vehicle from behind, according to the news release.
Retana was pinned in the Jeep for an unknown length of time before he was extricated by Purcell firefighters.
The cause of the collision was listed as inattentive driving.
- WATCH: Biologists remove rope and rebar from antlers of buck in Provo
- Nurse who came out of retirement to train others dies from COVID-19
- CDC sets meeting on allocation of COVID-19 vaccine
- Former dog owner sleeps at animal shelters, comforting pets waiting for forever homes
- Fort Wayne mall reopens after incident; no injuries reported