COTTON COUNTY, Okla. (KFOR) – Trash bags full of marijuana were discovered over the weekend in a Cotton County creek, officials say.
On Sunday around 3:30 p.m. the Cotton County Sheriff’s Office received a report of a large amount of trash bags in Cache Creek west of County Road 2560 and 1850.
Sheriff Tim King, Deputy Stranahan, and Deputy Hedges arrived on scene and located approximately 12 large trash bags full of marijuana plants weighing around 10 to 15 pounds.
The marijuana will be sent to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation for destruction after the investigation is complete.
- Get into the Christmas spirit with ‘Downtown in December’ events
- OU archaeologists uncover buried building in ancient Mexican city
- Pro-Trump donor suing Houston group over failure to prove voter fraud in 2020 election
- Oklahoma City church giving away stuffed turkey legs to those in need
- Guthrie organization giving food to those in need