TULSA, Okla. (KFOR) – Authorities in Tulsa say they have arrested a man accused of murdering a woman and a child earlier this week.
Around 4:20 a.m. on Oct. 7, Tulsa police officers were called to a reported shooting in the 500 block of E. Tecumseh.
When officers arrived, they learned that Chantell Mitchell and a child were both shot and killed inside the home.
Investigators were quickly able to identify a suspect and arrested Howard Peeples.
He was arrested on two complaints of first-degree murder.
- Water in Choctaw gas station fuel pump causes vehicles to stall
- Lindsay Elementary School principal braves freezing temps and cold water, barefoot, to help students get to class
- ‘We don’t have anywhere to go’ – Oklahomans sit in darkness on Day 3 of ice storm; OG&E calling in help from out of state
- Frontline fighter at Oklahoma City grocery story dipped into her own pocket to help people in need
- Property owner shoots alleged break-in suspect in Oklahoma City; suspect in critical condition