TULSA, Okla. (KFOR) – The Tulsa Zoo will continue to open an hour earlier this summer to help guests stay cool.
On July 1, the zoo returned to a 5 p.m. closing time, which means buildings and attractions will close at 4:30 p.m. to allow time for guests to exit zoo grounds by 5 p.m.
All guests, including members, are required to reserve advance tickets online at tulsazoo.org/tickets, with 2 p.m. being the final guest entry timeslot.
The Oklahoma City also implemented the early hour opening last month so guests can beat the heat.
- Body of 19-year-old driver recovered from Lake Hefner about 100 yards from car
- Protest held after 15-year-old armed robbery suspect shot and killed by Oklahoma City police
- Dance teachers Pay it Forward by teaching dancing to people battling Parkinson’s disease
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, essential workers among list of Time Person of the Year reader poll nominees
- Passenger dies in 2-vehicle crash allegedly caused by DUI